From 13th to 27th June 1997, the city of Bari in Italy hosted the XIII Mediterranean Games. Approximately 4 000 athletes representing 21 countries made their way towards the south of the Italian peninsula.
The Monegasque delegation, under the leadership of Yvette Lambin and the head of mission, Jean-Claude Torterolo, consisted of thirteen athletes entering six Olympic disciplines.
- Athletics:Virginie Gollino, in 100 m hurdles (direct final), ranked 7th /8 (15.30), Emmanuel de Lorenzi, in the 800 m (series), ranked 7th/7 (2.05.04),
- Rowing: Olivier Van Klaveren in the skiff event 10th/11,
- Boules: Eric Bessi and Marc Costa,
- Golf: The team, made up of Jean-François Calmes, Edmond, Patrick Lecourt and Yves Réalini, finished 8th out of 10.
- Individual :
- Judo: Thierry Vatrican, in the under 78 kg
- Shooting :