The 10th European Youth Olympic Winter Festivaltook place from 13th to 18th February in Liberec (Czech Republic).
- Conférence Talking Doping in Sport 2011
The Conference was held on 16th and 17th March at Twickenham Stadium in London. It was organised by the World Sports Law Report in cooperation with the United Kingdom's Anti-doping Agency. The topics discussed included the new challenges posed by doping and the methods to be considered in order to address them.
Some of the world's top experts in the anti-doping field gave presentations to close to 180 participants (members of the International Olympic Committee, the World Anti-doping Agency, National Anti-doping Organisations, International and National Sports Federations, National Olympic Committees and non-Governmental Sports Organisations). The anti-doping measures to be implemented for the London Olympic Games 2012 also featured on the agenda.
Doctor Jack Michel and Mr Sébastien Gattuso attended this extremely interesting symposium.
- International Olympic Committee Medical Congress, from 7th to 9th April in Monaco
The IOC World Conference on prevention of injury and illness in sport was held at the Grimaldi Forum from 7th to 9th April. Bringing together experts from the medical and sports spheres, the conference not only dealt with the problem of injury, but also the prevention of other health issues associated with sport.
Eminent scientists and professionals from medical and sports circles examined the latest advancements within this field during the various lectures, symposiums, workshops and debates. The goal was to apply academic knowledge to the competition area in order to reduce risk factors in sport and to make the practice of sports safer. The conference's scientific programme covered a wide range of topics with 94 guest speakers.
The Opening Ceremony took place in the Prince Pierre Auditorium at 9 a.m. on Thursday 7th April.
The Monegasque Olympic Committee covered the participation fees of Professors Nadir Saoudi, Domenico Corrado, Marin Borggreffe and Doctor Jack Michel.
- Technical Commission Meeting and Heads of Mission Seminar for the 14th Games of the Small States of Europe, from 7th to 9th April
The Technical Commission Meeting and Heads of Mission Seminar for the 14th Games of the Small States of Europe were held from in Liechtenstein from 7th to 9th April. The Technical Commission was presided over by Mr Jean-Pierre Schoebel and provided the opportunity to examine Liechtenstein's technical regulations as well as the eligibility of foreign athletes.
The Heads of Mission seminar, which was attended by Messrs Raymond Gnutti, Head of Mission, and Sébastien Gattuso, Deputy Head of Mission, enabled:
- representatives of the Organising Committee to be met,
- the latest information necessary for the delegation to be obtained,
- a tour of the hotels and competition venues to be made.
- Presentation of the Monegasque Olympic Committee's Centenary Book "Un siècle d'Histoire"
H.E. Ms Yvette Lambin, H.S.H. Prince Albert II, Mr Alain Manigley
Following the Monegasque Olympic Committee's General Assembly on 21st April, H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince presented for the first time ever the Committee's Centenary book in the presence of Doctor Jean-François Robillon, President of the National Council, Mr Paul Masseron, Minister of the Interior, the Mayor's representative, Mr Alain Manigley, Editor, members of the Monegasque Olympic Committee, Olympians and representatives of the press.
This event was held in the sports hall of the Louis II Stadium where photos of Olympic processions from 1920 to the present day were on display.
The presentation was followed by a cocktail buffet.
A book, a Centenary medal and a DVD were given to each guest.
- 32nd Seminar of the European Olympic Committees, from 5th to 7th May in Portoroz (Slovenia)
The Seminar of the European Olympic Committees, which was held from 5th to 7th May in Portoroz, Slovenia, featured workshops on preparations for the London Olympic Games 2012, as well as on:
- the feasibility of hosting European Games,
- the European Youth Olympic Festivals,
- the Youth Olympic Games,
- the Sochi Olympic Games 2014,
- the World Anti-Doping Agency,
- the Athletes' Commission of the European Olympic Committees.
- Seminar of the Heads of Mission for the European Youth Summer Festival, from 12th to 15th May in Trabzon (Turkey)
From 12th to 15th May, the Seminar of the Heads of Mission for the 11th European Youth Summer Festival took place in Trabzon. The Heads of Mission of Europe's 49 National Olympic Committees attended the event. They were able :
- to meet the various organisation heads,
- to note progress on work,
- to visit the various competition venues and the Olympic village,
- to collect the latest information with a view to the next meeting.
- Executive Committee Meeting and General Assembly of the Games of the Small States of Europe
On 30th May, prior to the 14th edition of the Games of the Small States of Europe, important decisions were made at the Executive Committee meeting and General Assembly, such as:
- the election of San Marino as the host country for the 2017 edition,
- the election of Mr Marc Theisen (Luxembourg) as President of the GSSE Executive Committee for the period 2011-2013,
- the re-election of Mr Jean-Pierre Schoebel (Monaco) as President of the Technical Commission for a two-year period. The Monegasque Olympic Committee is delighted about this nomination which not only gives recognition to his qualities and contribution, but also guarantees Monaco a place at the technical discussions.
- The 14th Games of the Small States of Europe took place from 30th May to 4th June in Liechtenstein.
Traditional afternoon snacks were organised by the Monegasque Olympic Committee at the "Hofkellerei Des Fürsten Von Liechtenstein" on 30th May. The event was attended by H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince, H.E. Mr Robert Fillon, Ambassador of Monaco to Switzerland, Mr Paul Masseron, Minister of the Interior, H.E. Ms Yvette Lambin-Berti, Secretary General and all the members of the delegation. The event also provided the opportunity to celebrate the birthdays of the athletes and directors.
The Opening Ceremony was held on 30th May.
The Monegasque Delegation was preceded by its flag-bearer, Ms Louise-Alice Gambarini
- Olympic Day, 22nd June
The 3rd FANB "Sport-Health Environment" Challenge was chosen by the Monegasque Olympic Committee as part of the Olympic Day celebrations on 22nd June.
This involved orienteering activities on sports and general knowledge in the Fontvieille Gardens for Year 7, 8 and 9 pupils. The 385 students received a cap, a tee-shirt and a certificate from the International Olympic Committee.
- 51st Session of the International Olympic Academy, from 25th June to 9th July
From 25th June to 9th July in Olympia, the International Olympic Academy held its 51st Session on Olympism - "International Olympic Academy: 50 years of Olympic education".
Messrs François-Xavier Paquot (Swimming) and Baptiste Chailan (Sailing) took part.
- Marriage of H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince, 1st and 2nd July
The Monegasque Olympic Committee contributed towards the organisation of the Royal Wedding. It was particularly involved in welcoming the members of the International Olympic Committee.
Consequently, a team of 7, placed under the authority of H.E. Ms Yvette Lambin Berti, Secretary General, were in charge of welcoming the guests to the Fairmont Hotel and the logistics concerning the various festivities.
- Next >>