- From 14th to 26th August, the 1st Youth Olympic Games took place in Singapore. The event, created on the initiative of Count Jacques Rogge (President of the International Olympic Committee), groups together young athletes aged between 14 and 18 from 205 National Olympic Committees.
3,500 athletes competed in the sports events and also took part in the cultural and educational programme.
This was Mr Sébastien Gattuso's first experience as Chief of Mission. He discovered the administrative side of managing a delegation (logistics, transportation...).
The results obtained by the Monegasque athletes :
- Pauline Ducruet (diving – 3m) ranked 12th position
- Amélie Trinquier (swimming – 100m freestyle) – 45th /54 with a time of 1.05.04
- Christopher Deleage (taekwondo under 73 kg) was eliminated during the first round against Gulec (GER)
- Massimo Mazzolini (sailing – Byte 2) finished 25th / 29